Situated in Cherokee County, one of the fastest growing counties in the US, Ballground is considered by some to be one of the best places to live in the state of Georgia. With a population of around 2,000 people and growing, violent crime in Ballground is according to niche.com, zero. It’s also got a rural feel, but it’s not far from city life
The climate in Ballground is typical of Georgia, with hot, humid summers and cold, wet winters. Since humidity, rain, and snow can all adversely affect roofing and gutters, roof replacement and gutter repair are services that residents need and value.
Ballground, GA Roofing Company Specializing in Asphalt Roofs
Undoubtedly the most popular product used for new American roofs and roof replacement, asphalt roofing shingles has been widely available since 1910. Before this, roofers and roofing contractors often used rolled asphalt roofing coated with slate granules. As manufacturing improved, a ceramic granule coating replaced the crushed slate coating.
Cheaper and considerably more fire resistant than wood shingles, asphalt roofing shingles are used on four out of five US homes, according to the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA).
There are three design categories a roofing contractor and the homeowner have to choose from:
- Three-tab A favorite design, basic three-tab shingles are also known as strip or standard shingles. Typically light in weight, they look flat and similar in appearance to slate and are about three times as long as they are wide. Considered a “good” product, a roofer generally uses strip shingles for economy priced homes. Strip shingles manufactured by CertainTeed include Patriot and XT™ 25.
- Dimensional Commonly referred to as architectural or laminate shingles, these asphalt shingles have more than one layer so are thicker than three-tab and other strip shingles. A “better” product than standard shingles, they will often be a roofing contractor’s first choice and are the most popular option for homeowners. Laminate shingles manufactured by CertainTeed include Landmark™ PRO.
- Premium Products that often mimic traditional slate roofing shingles or wood shakes, premium roofing shingles are laminated and may have as many as five layers. Some are manufactured to be impact resistant (IR) which is beneficial in areas where hail is common. Premium shingles made by CertainTeed include Presidential Shake™ and Grand Manor™.
Additionally, a roofing contractor may prefer to work with interlocking shingles. These are individual asphalt shingles that fasten together mechanically. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes, they are more wind-resistant than other types.
We also do Gutters and Downspouts!
Today, a roofing contractor or roofer has knowledge not only of the roof structure and roof coverings but also of gutters and downspouts. These are important because they are designed to remove rainwater that runs off the roof from the house.
Gutters need to be regularly cleaned to ensure they perform correctly. Many people opt to use a good gutter service and maintenance company to do the cleaning and any necessary gutter repair for them.
Force Field Roofing for Roof Replacement and Repair in Ballground
Force Field Roofing is a BBB Accredited Business with an A+ rating, as well as being a CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator. Services the company offers in Ballground include:
- Gutter installation
- Gutter service and maintenance
- Gutter repair
- Free roof estimates
- Roof replacement
- Insulation installation
- Storm damage and insurance claims